The New Year is here and my life is quickly getting into full swing again. Along with the New Year comes those nasty little resolutions rearing their ugly head. Only to remind me that I failed at the last resolutions made. What a great feeling!
A few years back, I decided to STOP the insanity and completely boycotted New Year’s Resolutions. I figured this way I could exercise that rebellious nature AND be successful at resolutions because I wouldn’t have any! And it worked. I’ve lived in that happy place for a few years now, but my pesky little sister guilted me into a few. Ok, she didn’t guilt me into them as much as she triple dog dared me into them. And I fell for it. Hook, line, and na-nanny-boo-boo.
So here I am, already working my fingers to the bone……trying to live up to these miserable resolutions. Just hoping and praying to make it a respectable amount of time before crashing from the stress. Why, oh why, do we need all things new? I mean, do we really need ‘out with the old’?? I’m old. Please don’t throw me out! And what’s wrong with my old ways anyway?? So what if I have thirty minute marathons to find all things lost in this house?? Clean clothes? Are they REALLY necessary?? Um, well. Ok.
So here we go……..three. Count them. Three resolutions. If I can accomplish two of three I will be happy as a pig in sunshine.
1. Read the entire Bible front to back. Day two is over and so far, so good thanks to that cool app on my iPad that reads it to me. That does count, right??
2. Organize every cabinet and closet in this house. I actually got a head start on this one back before Christmas. The kitchen is finished. Maybe the kitchen should have been the whole resolution. Then I could check it off!
3. Actually see EMPTY hampers in my laundry room EACH day. This is a big one for me. Usually I only see empty hampers when I dump them out to sort the clothes. I’m proud to say. On day two. ALL my hampers are empty! Go me!
And now that I have a chance to look it over and think over the past day or so, I have decided………………
I can do this! Resolution Success will be MINE!!!
What are YOUR resolutions???
- A Day in the Life (helpfortheheart.wordpress.com)
- All I Want for Christmas…. (helpfortheheart.wordpress.com)