It’s a big word. Yes, indeedy.
The definition of productivity: the quality of being productive.
That REALLY helps. Don’t you just love definitions that use the word to define itself?
Ok, the definition of productive: capable of producing; yielding favorable or useful results, constructive.
After reading about how to be more productive through a featured blog on Freshly Pressed…..I felt it was time to re-evaluate my own productivity. I should compare the tips and tricks found in the article to my own life and see what I need to change. After all, who doesn’t want to be more productive?
It was a total and complete confidence crusher. Putting myself next to this super woman just made me feel like a big fat failure. And why should I compare myself to others anyway? I’m awesome just the way I am. Right?
Since today is Friday, I am determined to feel totally confident, productive, and useful….whether it’s true or not.
With that being said, I have come up with some conclusions and tips regarding my own productivity. I just know folks will be clamoring to get their hands on these useful tips and put them to work in their own lives. And be warned…….it’s all good. Positive. Uplifting. Encouraging. All, in honor of Friday. Cause who needs a Debbie Downer on Friday??
- I set my alarm clock two hours before time for me to get up. This way, when the alarm goes off, I can hit that snooze button over and over and over and over and over again. When I do get up, I feel like I’ve accomplished sleeping late. Already, a win for me. Extra sleep!! Woohoo!
- Not only have I been seriously productive in GAINING an extra two hours of sleep, I also am impressed with a bit of urgency. Who wouldn’t after hitting the snooze for two hours? This in turn, causes me to rush through my shower and getting dressed because I’ve completely exhausted any extra time I might have had if I hadn’t had all that extra sleep. Rushing saves time……more time saved….. Productivity WIN!
- I drink a minimum of three cups of coffee and swallow a handful of B12 first thing in the morning. This gives me an added boost of energy to combat my early morning grumps and gives me the appropriate amount of shakes to help me avoid the desire to sit on the couch. After all, wearing lounge wear half the day is very relaxing. Ok. Lounge wear is just code for PJ pants. But doesn’t lounge wear sound so much more professional rolling off the tongue?
- Make a To-Do List of all the things you need to accomplish. I’m a list lover. So I really get into this one. Grocery list. Honey Do list. Cleaning list. Spring cleaning list. Christmas list. Wish list. Bucket List. By the time I finish making these lists and look them over, I am absolutely amazed I was able to fight my ADHD long enough to complete them. Talk about a feeling of accomplishment!!
- The TV must stay off!!
- But, in the event of an emergency, just in case I have a weak moment, I flip Netflix to a TV series that I am in no way interested in. And I play each episode. That way my non-interest can last all day long. If I just happen to fall into the grips of it’s addictive prowess, I have accomplished watching an entire season by days end. Now THAT’S productivity!!
- To achieve maximum productive potential for the day, walk away from the laptop.
- But, again, just in case of emergency…… place the laptop in your lap. Just hear me out. Sure you could waste time scrolling through the newsfeed on Facebook….refreshing every couple of minutes for the latest status updates. Such a misuse of your time. And time is precious. I will let you in on my secret, because you are here. Reading my blog. Making me feel even more productive. So I owe you. It’s a precious, valuable secret. Open multiple pages in your browser window. Facebook on one, Pinterest on another. Don’t forget YouTube. Oh, and don’t forget your email. While waiting for pages to refresh, bounce back and forth between them all. This completely maximizes your online potential, makes you feel really busy, and truly a productive and useful member of society.
Now, it will take a LOT of practice. Don’t feel discouraged. You CAN do this. Productivity can be your middle name. Practice makes perfect. That’s what some old lady told me once. So practice these tips and tricks. Once you get them down, you will be ready for the big Kahuna.
What’s the big Kahuna, you ask? Well, since it’s Friday, and because I completely reek of awesomeness, I am happy to share. But it’s our little secret. Ok?
To seriously achieve the BE ALL, END ALL of productiveness……..
put the laptop into your lap…..
manage multiple windows…….
WHILE watching Netflix……
in your pajamas……
while drinking a tall cup of coffee……
and keep that To-Do List next to you with a pen handy.
That’s true PRODUCTIVITY POWER, right there!
After all, those stinkin’ lists just keep growing for some reason.
I thought about trying to figure that one out, but I’m too busy productively being productive.
- Welcome Back, Old Friends (helpfortheheart.wordpress.com)
- My Pushing up Daisies List (helpfortheheart.wordpress.com)
- All Friday Nights are NOT Created Equal (helpfortheheart.wordpress.com)