Randomness is a part of my life.
It is a direct result of a life spent fighting undiagnosed ADHD.
Randomness consumes my mind most days. Usually, I discipline myself to focus on the necessities of life. But the weekend is getting scarily close to making its anticipated appearance, so I’m rebelling against the war within my brain to focus. It’s over-rated anyway. So, in my best “na-nanny boo-boo” voice……….
I don’t have to….and you can’t make me!!
Randomocity will reign supreme in my life today. And I’m embracing it.
In honor of this special occasion, you get yet another random list of random nothingness. I hope you randomly enjoy my randomness.
- Although I don’t really believe in psychics, I would love to go try one out. But then if they told me something I didn’t need to hear, I’m afraid I would spend my life obsessing over how to fix it, which would then lead me back to the psychic to tell me what to do, which would just continue the cycle. I would forever be like a hamster in a wheel that never stops spinning. I would be in HAMSTER HELL!!! Therefore, I exercise a bit of self-control and just say NO. Go me!
- I really want to give up Facebook. I know, I know, people say these things all the time. But I’m seriously considering it. It consumes my life. Besides, blogging is much more fun. 😉
- I am on a quest to learn how to cook healthy foods…..and I’m actually enjoying it. My kids are beginning to be much more health conscious, which is what spurred me to start in the first place. Maybe I won’t die with clogged arteries after all.
- The youngest of my herd is a coin collector. Actually, he’s a quarter collector. This makes me wanna ask every person I know to empty their pockets and let me check out their stash just in case its one of those elusive states he has yet to find. It’s a good thing I don’t work as a cashier. The only thing I would accomplish is harassing the customers for their quarters.
- Pride and Prejudice is the absolute best love story ever. I will forever be in love with Mr. Darcy. What girl doesn’t want to hear, “You have bewitched me, body and soul, and I love…I love…I love you. I never wish to be parted from you from this day on.” My knees are wobbling at only the thought!!
- I would love to find some old-fashioned lip-gloss like they had when I was a kid. You know the kind that has the roller ball and tastes like bubble gum? YUM!
- I’m a closet Cowboys fan. I thought about coming out, but making fun of them is so much more fun. Especially as long as they have Romo on the team.
- I read on Pinterest that most people pass gas 14 times a day. Sounds like a lot of bull-balonkey, if you ask me. I have now spent several days trying to count to see if this is actually true, but my ADD seems to get in the way of making it through the day without losing count.
- My van needs a good cleaning. I’m taking volunteers.
- I love the idea of crafting, but truly lack the focus to engage in it. I would love to be one of those super-creative people who can do anything. Maybe I should read Crafting for Dummies.
- Don Williams makes me miss my childhood. The good ole days of eating beans and rice and watching the Barbara Mandrell Show. (Go ahead, count it up to figure out how old I am, I’m still not telling!)
- That whole healthy eating thing…….it also includes the dreaded word exercise.
Which shakes me to reality. It’s almost time to meet some real live people at the track and huff and puff for the sake of burning a few calories. Then, home again to try this new recipe. Lowfat, of course. Maybe I’ll even walk to the tunes of Don……