Today has been one of ‘those’ days.
You know, one of those days that make you want to crawl into bed and start again. But then you realize that doing that means you have a do-over. And your do-over just might be worse, so you muddle through it and hope to survive with as little collateral damage possible. No rainbows and butterflies for me today. I don’t want to see a rainbow and I just might squash a butterfly if it came flitting around me all flitterly and happy. And, yes, I AM aware flitterly is not a word. Deal with it. It is now.
I realize I make it sound like complete catastrophe has invaded my day. In fact, my day has been relatively quiet. But that’s not really the point. I’m in the middle of a full blown pity party and I want to finish it out with a bang.
But then it dawned on me….. the name of my blog is Help for the Heart……..not Help for Depressing the General Public. And besides, I’m not really good with getting in touch with my true feelings. So, rather than rehash today’s blah-ness…….yep, you guessed it. Another list. It’s not a positive, glass half-full kinda list…..but maybe you’ll get a chuckle or two out of it. Here we go…
This is the Stuff the Drives Me CRAZY!!!
- My cell phone. I am completely attached to it, yet it’s usually DEAD or just being resurrected by the charger…..when I can find the charger. I spend half my life looking for the phone or the charger………or even the car charger. How can I manage to lose the car charger?? I mean, I only have ONE car, so what’s the point in my moving it?? Maybe one of my OTHER personalities is trying to drive me insane.
- Not enough ice in drinks. It’s a COLD drink. Do you really think that 3 pieces of ice in a 20+ ounce cup is gonna do the trick? Apparently the entire restaurant population has been trained to conserve ice, because this is what they serve up everywhere I go.
- Fingernails. Either keep them trimmed SHORT or get a manicure. Un-kept nails are just gross…..and what’s UNDER them is even more GROSS!!!!
- Moods. Occasionally I catch one (like today) that makes my skin crawl in irritation over the simplest things. Everyone and everything get on your nerves…and on the day these moods appear….. you only have one nerve show up for duty. It doesn’t take long to wear that one completely out. It’s truly like a monster lives within me, just under the surface, waiting to devour any annoyance. I’m not schizophrenic or bi-polar, so what’s with that? Oh wait, maybe that’s PMS. My bad.
- People who have news. But it’s Confidential or Top Secret. Why share that you have something you can’t share??
- Not having top secret news of my own. Really, it just sounds CIA-ish….. maybe one day I’ll achieve news worthy of the Confidential Top Secret kind. I need to get one of those t-shirts…you know with CIA in big letters and some of those awful shades. So when I finally DO have Top Secret Confidential news, I can dress the part.
- Hot dogs. There are 10 in a pack. Yet only 8 buns to a pack. I think the bread and hot dog companies are in a conspiracy to drive me plum up the wall. What am I supposed to do with the two extra hot dogs? If I buy more buns, that requires more hot dogs…I would have to buy 4 packages of hot dogs and 5 packs of hot dog buns to get an equal number of each. Yes, I’m the idiot who stands there staring at the hot dogs in the grocery store, figuring these things out, and trying desperately to figure out who I can feed 40 hot dogs to………just to keep from having two odd ball hot dogs. It’s a conspiracy I tell you!
- Lastly, people who whine and complain about everything. I am pretty sure I fall right smack in the middle of that category today. Who am I kidding? I KNOW I fall into that category. And since that drives me completely crazy, I’m gonna close with the upside.
- Tomorrow’s a new day which also means a new, happier mood will accompany it.
- My glass won’t be half empty, but completely full ….with a fresh start….and that means clean nails and a full ice chest.
- I get new clothes in anticipation for my CIA news announcement. Shopping always makes a girl feel better.
- Having 40 people over for hot dogs means it’s PARTY TIME!
- Lastly, amidst my grumpy mood and ranting about trivial things, I am blessed and blessed BIG. And that brings back my smile. Bring on the butterflies and rainbows.