It’s Friday! The first Friday of the New Year! I can hardly type for wanting to break out into singing and dancing. Not only is it the first full weekend of the new year, it’s also the first weekend since Thanksgiving that I have NOTHING written on the agenda. I get to stay home! Wait for it…….. It gets even better! Today is the day I get to force the kiddies to re-organize their bedrooms… under the beds and closets included. Yep, freedom from obligations AND torturing the kiddies. Double win!
But as I read back over that paragraph, I realize I sound like my grandma. OLD. But I’m only 40. I can’t be old yet, right? It’s just a coincidence that I’m looking forward to housework and laundry on a Friday, right? So, I grabbed a paper and pen (another sign of old age….the LIST) and made a list of things about life that I actually enjoy and look forward to regularly. I thought if I did such, I would feel better about my Friday excitement and realize I’m actually young and vibrant. Ready to conquer the weekend. So, here we go……
- I love and live for the moment I can cast off my clothes and throw on my pajama pants and house shoes. Matching them all up and looking fashionable is nice, but definitely optional. After all, who is gonna see me besides my loves?
- Finding a new scent for my Scentsy warmers brings me giddy excitement. Walking into my home and smelling Scentsy (rather than feet) helps me find my happy place. When your house smells good, you just feel good! By the way, the correct ratio of warmers to boys is 3 to 1. I have 6 boys and one male dog….so I only need 21 warmers to attain maximum Scentopia. FYI.
- The ultimate goal of the day is to reach the time we can sit down as a family and watch the latest episode of Frasier on Netflix. Before Frasier it was Lost. And Everybody Loves Raymond. And Little House on the Prairie. And Reba.
- I know, I know, it’s a lot to take in. But try to stay with me, ok?
- I’m currently on a mission to organize my house. It was a resolution for the New Year. I’ve always wanted to be organized and stay organized. It just never works for me. But I must say, accomplishing just one cabinet makes me inexplicably happy. I even thought about snapping pics and posting….. but my kids informed me no one cared that I finally organized my medicine cabinet. Besides, it will be a complete mess again next week. Geeeshhhhh.
- I have a party at least once a week in my home. I crank up the tunes and get my dance on……..while cleaning the house. Dancing your way through chores is the bomb diggity (note my use of a young phrase )
- A great night-time activity is catching up on what’s going on in the world….on Facebook. Who needs real social interaction when you can plop on the couch and scroll through your newsfeed instead?
- Don’t worry. You too, can achieve this maximum level of youthfulness. Tackle one thing a week until you can handle all of this at once. You can do it!
- I look forward each week to making lists…. to help me be more organized of course. Not because I would forget things. Menu planning and daily to-do lists are so much fun to check off as you go!
- Lastly, my favorite stores are those that have special deals on housewares. Like Ross and Marshall’s. You can get beautiful things for your home at a fraction of the cost. I do realize I sound like a commercial, but it’s true!
I know what you’re thinking. You’re thinking I’m definitely showing my age. I’ve crawled into the pit of the middle-aged woman, never to return to youthful fun and excitement. And maybe you’re right. Who knows?
All I know is I love my life. I love where I am now. Mismatched PJ pants and all. I love making lists and decorating my house. And I love planning what I will cook next. And if you love what you do, that’s half the battle.
So, I will go on and plan what to organize next and turn up the tunes and break out into dance while washing dishes. Because that’s what makes me happy. I will rejoice over being able to stay home on Friday and Saturday night.
And hey, today I get to torture the kids and make them organize their own rooms!
Life is good!
Get your happy dance on!
The sad part to all this, is I’m actually looking forward to the chance to do housework and laundry. A quiet day with normal and mundane chores. Seriously? Have I gotten THAT old? Surely not. It just can’t be.
- Happy Dancing, Thankfulness, and Retail Therapy (helpfortheheart.wordpress.com)
- Random Ramblings of Randomness (helpfortheheart.wordpress.com)